Help me pick my next/last fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paul87

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need some help deciding! I kinda got it narrowred down but im open to suggestion. My tank is 39 gallon w/ sump. I currently have a pair of ocellaris clowns and 1 firefish goby. The new fish needs to get along with the firefish and i would prefer a herbivore/omnivore. Heres what i have in mind:
Tailspot Blenny
Rainsford Goby
Midas Blenny (not sure if compatable with firefish but i really the forktail blennys and this was the only one that said peaceful.)

I like the Midas Benny but another great bottom feeder is the bicolor blenny

Why not a 6line wrasse?

That would go along well, unless your set on a goby

6-Line is out of the picture. Ive had one before. Awesome fish but.... I could kiss my firefish goodby. I just got rid of my terrorist sunrise dottyback. Took 4 weeks to catch! Jawfish are pretty cool. Dont think none are on the herbivore side though are they?

6-Line is out of the picture. Ive had one before. Awesome fish but.... I could kiss my firefish goodby. I just got rid of my terrorist sunrise dottyback. Took 4 weeks to catch! Jawfish are pretty cool. Dont think none are on the herbivore side though are they?

They are carnivores....not good for ya ????

If I'm not mistaken goby and blennys are carnivores and you have to have a well established tank with a lot of pods or they will starve to death.....some goby or blennys will accept Mysis or brine shrimp...

Jawfish are jumpers so have a good lid on. The bicolor blenny is somewhat colorful

I had a firefish, Midas blenny, and a 6 line wrasse in a 30 gal and all three got along well. Although the Midas is my favorite I'd recommend going with the 6 line bc both the firefish and clownfish are generally stationary swimmers. The 6 line will swim around the tank. The Midas will perch on a rock a lot.

I would be cautious when adding any wrasse species because they can be peaceful but they can also be aggressive.

If I'm not mistaken goby and blennys are carnivores and you have to have a well established tank with a lot of pods or they will starve to death.....some goby or blennys will accept Mysis or brine shrimp...

Most blennys are herbivores but. Gobies on the other hand are carnivores, but alot more on the peaceful side than 6-lines. I believe you are refering to the 'scooter blennies' which are actually not a blenny at all, but a dragonet. Like mandarins, there prime food source is pods.

My clowns are firefish swim together as one happy family. Which fish out of my original list would be more active? (Tailspot blenny, rainford goby, or midas blenny? Heres a shot of the crew i took the otherday. Hard to get a clear pic of all 3.
img_2537156_0_b3af817af97303e380682a1c2942181f.jpg

So i made my decision! Had the LFS order me a rainfordi goby. Should get him friday.

Back
Top Bottom