Help! My tank raised percula clowns are fighting.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BONESTOCK

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well...I got them together and had them for about two weks......they were inseperable.

I got an anemone. Now one is claiming it as it's own and won't share with the other. The other wants in too! But the greedy clown won't let the other play. Both of their mouths are getting pretty beat up. Are they going to be okay? They've been fighting for about four days now.

Very protective little bugger... :evil:

They anemone is plenty large enough. Will they both be able to host the anemone eventually?

Thanks.

did you get them as a mated pair or just two from the same tank. if they were just two from the same tank, they may be trying to form a pair by settling dominence issues. if you got them as a mated pair, check around the rocks for eggs. sometimes after a pair lays eggs the male wont do a good job of guarding them and the female needs to remind him of his duties. if no eggs are present, the female may just be territorial of her new home. sometimes females need to reassure themselves and pick a fight or two. kinda like women constently nagging and asking men if their hair or dress looks good, the female clown needs to beat up on the male to make themselves feel better.

If the less dominant one lives they will pair off. Or one will die.

Yes...I purchased them from the same tanks of about 12 others....they weren't a mated pair. I don't see any eggs....wouldn't it be kinda early...there are about 3/4 inches long.

Hopefully it's just a dominance thing.....if they become a pair....will they share the anemone?

Back
Top Bottom