HELP! Overflow problems!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, those are spread out way too far, no wonder things are falling down in there. I'm not sure what you could do to "fix" that, but I'm sure somebody else will have a suggestion.

I would maybe wrap some mesh material around it. The only problem would be after time it would get clogged up.

You can buy nylon mesh material at an arts-n-craft store (eg Michaels, etc). It's used for needlecraft type stuff. I see you have some (at least one) old clip from a HOB filter pad setup. Use those to clip it on.

The material is fairly translucent and shouldn't look too bad until you figure something out long term.

Now long term, I'd see if I could find someone that could fabricate an acrylic hood (upside down U) that could fit over it after I drilled holes in it for water movement, or smaller slits.

I bought some of the stuff that the captain is talking about at Walmart for a pretty cheap cost. Excellent suggestion captain.

would it be possible to just silicone some plexiglass over the gaps and have a straight overflow or would that cause problems?

The teethe are supposed to keep things from getting into the overflow. I still have snails climb over the top and into the overflow.

The mesh idea is probably your best bet, don't put it on permanent make sure you can remove it to rinse it off. My LFS uses it on all of their overflows to keep fish from getting into the sumps. They clean it every week or so as needed.

Back
Top Bottom