help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alrmc4

Aquarium Advice Addict
my fish tank looks foggy it was cleaned yesterday and about 3 hrs. after the cleaning noticed the fog settle in.any ideas (the test on nitrates,nitrites, and ph came out great)?????

How did you clean your tank, please explain the entire process and tell us what you have for filtration and auxillary equip,ent as well as tank size, type and lighting.

all the scoop.

it is a 50 something corner tank set up the old fashion way ugf with crushed coral base lr slowly trying to make it right since i found this site. have added the protien skimmer a berlin ho and bought an ro (this was the fist time useing ro water)running a aquaclear hang on canaster that has sponge and carbon. think when we did the water change we messed under the screen that keeps the coral from going through the under gravel i unplugged that power head and put fresh carbon in the canister.Looks like it is starting to clear today. can't wait to get it right going to convert it planning on getting 90 gal and doing it right with dsb lr ect. thanks for your help.

don't have ammonia test kit but

sorry one of the test kits i still need to invest in :oops: however i can tell you that my fish are all accounted for. so it can't be anything big.

Ever since I bought my ro/di I get a big fog like that, after a water change And I got a phosphate problem too.Im not pointing my finger at the RO but it's strange .Try testing po4.

Back
Top Bottom