help w/ REVERSE OSMOSIS FILTER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bckane

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok bought a AQUARIUM 110GPD RO+DI REVERSE OSMOSIS FILTER from filterdirect. after about a day my glass is bright green. I clean the glass off and its back the next day. I didnt have this problem before I was using the machine REVERSE OSMOSIS water $.030 a gallon in front of the stores. Im topping off the water everyday and doing a 3% water chage on the weekend............Is this green normal with this unit.???

BTW this is the unit I bought:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20756&item=4315713795&tc=photo

No it's not normal, what is the TDS? Did you get the DI kit too? Might have a bad cart or it might not be seated properly.

reefrunner69 said:
No it's not normal, what is the TDS? Did you get the DI kit too? Might have a bad cart or it might not be seated properly.
Yes I did get the DI kit too...all my water testings are the same, normal

What is the TDS of the water coming out of the filter, not the readings in the tank. The only way to know if the water is bad from the filter is to test the TDS, if you don't have a TDS meter, you should be able to find one for 25-30 bucks.

I just started using the same RO/DI filter and have been doing partial changes and replacing evaporation and have not had any problems with green algae (assuming this is what you are referring to). I have not done a TDS test yet but will soon. Have noticed phosphate is still detectible in RO/DI water.

Ok just recieved my TDS meter from filter direct....
My tap water:...149ppm
DI/RO water......000ppm
so the waer checks out ok

Back
Top Bottom