Help with aquascaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hinds04

Aquarium Advice Addict
What do some of you guys use to get your rocks to stay in a way that they wont stack? Tips, tricks, glue, pipe? What kind?

you can use pvc pipe to build a skeleton then attach the lr to the pipe,the pipe is the basic shape and also holds it all together,If you have put the pipework together correctly you can also drill small1/8" holes into the pipe and attach you return pump to it so you have a good flow around the back of your LR otherwise I have just used putty to hold all of my main base rock in place and then gradually added smaller pieces to build up the aquascape.

I actually use some Totoka rock (or as I call it Lego rock) to build up my frame. Then I use my nice Fiji rock to make shelves and places for corals. Totoka rock is like giant velcro, the pieces fit snugly together and stick together nicely.

I peresonally dont use anything. I just make sure the rock fits snugly on top of other rock and give it the finger test to see that it`s secure. Not saying the other ideas are not good. They are actually good ideas.

Back
Top Bottom