Helppp over ran with ugly ALGAE!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kgaz41

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had a ton of green and brown algae growing pretty think on the sand so I did a water change last night I have a 75 gallon tank with a 20 gallon sump all test are reading pretty good not sure if I'm getting a false reading on my phosphates tho so I used some phosgaurd in my sump I do not have a skimmer set up or a phosban reactor. I was wondering how much those 2 things will help to get rid of algae. I also use rodi for my top of and my water changes the algae was presto think on the sand I pulled as much as I can out with my hands and tried to siphon what I can out I was wondering what else I can do to get rid of this ugly algae. I'm not running my lights on two much I have 2 96 watt power compacts one super daylight and one antinic I run both lights for aboutc 7-8 hours I run the antics for about 30 mins befor both come on and 30 mins before they switch to moon lights the water temp is about 79deg any idea and was it a bad idea disturbing my sand bed its only about 1.5-2inch sand bed I wanna add more LIVE SAND TO MY SYSTEM HOW can I go about this any info would help I really wanna get rid of this algae please help I also should have the skimmer and reactor hooked up soon within the next 2 weeks??

I was advised to get some cactus alge plant and hey presto all alge gone is also good for to much calcium in the water try it worked for me hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom