Heniochus diphreutes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sir Ottis

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anyone have experience with the Heniochus diphreutes?

I have read where they are usually reef safe, as opposed to the H. acuminatus - which is not reef safe.

From what I have read, it is another one of those generally reef safe, but can be hit or miss depending on your individual specimen. I am very tempted myself to try a butterflyfish too. My first choice is the copperband, I just dont have the :bowl: to do it yet. My next choice is the longnose- forcipiger longirostris, which are suposedly reef safe, but I can't find them anywhere. Depending on what other people in this thread say about the Heniochus diphreutes, I may consider that one too.

If you look up descritions of them they will always say under reef safe, with caution. That is enough for me to say NO WAY. I`m not willing to take the chance.

Neither are considered corralivores, but crustacean and planktivores by nature; however, most fish will stray from their natural diets considering the availability and inevitability within a confined space. Given that, if I had the tank size for a small shoal of 4+ (at least 300g) I'd go for it...but that's just me. Eventually they can become fairly territorial towards other tankmates, over the years.

Back
Top Bottom