Hermit Crab Molted - Neat Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SsSarahsS

Aquarium Advice Regular
My Hermit Crab molted today I guess. I noticed it had been sitting in one place and it was beginning to worry me. LoL. Then tonight when I had the flashlight at the tank I saw a claw on the bottom. It freaked me out a litte so I went in and picked his shell up. He was still inside with both claws, so I located the rest of his sheddings. Here are pics. Some might find it gross, but I have never seen a hermit crab molt before so I found it exciting!:)

Attachments

• molted_bandit.jpg
    molted_bandit.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 5,105
  • molted_bandit2.jpg
    molted_bandit2.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 795
I had a sallylightfoot do that before. One morning I saw it laying upside down, I took it out, looked around for the opening and couldnt find one, so I thought he died. The next day, I transferred everything over from my 55 to my 100gal and after all the rocks were out, there he was. I thought someone had thrown him back into the tank...and I was losing my marbles. :lol:

Cool.

There is a person on different forum would collect different kind of crab molts from his tank and pose them for pictures, funny stuff.

Back
Top Bottom