Hermit crabs..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamiefisher

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Had a star fish in my tank, but within a week it had been eaten by my crab.... Is this normal, if so I'll get rid of it, I find it always on my corals, not sure if it's damaging them or not?
Can anyone help?

Thanks

Jamie

Had a star fish in my tank, but within a week it had been eaten by my crab.... Is this normal, if so I'll get rid of it, I find it always on my corals, not sure if it's damaging them or not?
Can anyone help?

Thanks

Jamie

What kind of starfish was it? What type of hermit? I doubt the hermit killed it, the starfish was probably dying and the hermit just came in to clean it up. A picture might help.

That's the litter bugger lol no it was defiantly alive and well, every time I went to see him he was eating away, had to take him off every time :/ if the poor thing would only stay on the glass he would of been ok :/ just worried about getting another one now :/ thinking of selling with my other tank on Saturday.

Attachments

• image-116272018.jpg
    image-116272018.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 92
  • image-774446968.jpg
    image-774446968.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 109
That's the litter bugger lol no it was defiantly alive and well, every time I went to see him he was eating away, had to take him off every time :/ if the poor thing would only stay on the glass he would of been ok :/ just worried about getting another one now :/ thinking of selling with my other tank on Saturday.

Hmm the star looks to be either a linckia or fromia which both have poor survival rates in captivity. However it does appear to be healthy in that picture. The stars usually starve very slowly in our systems but if it was eating it seems like you had him doing well. May want to give the crab away, sometimes they just go rogue.

Back
Top Bottom