hey protein skimmer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

i like fish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
any opinions on these would be great..

Seaclone 100

REd sea Berlin turbo hang on

aqua medic turboflotor multi hang on

I would skip them all and go with an AquaC remora Pro with a mag 3 pump. It will out perform all the listed skimmers. If i had to pick one off the list though i would get the aquamedic.

I've got a Seaclone 150 and it works great..... just gotta use the skin slime stuff sparingly.

skip them all like captive reefs said and go with either an Aqua C Remora or a CPR Bak Pak 2R.

Both are really great. I have the CPR Bak Pak 2R and I love it. Its quite, and works well.

Actually If you wanna be technical and since I own both I can safely judge.. The Turbo Floater Multi 1000 is a great skimmer and can be used on larger tanks as well... And The Remora as well as The Remora Pro skimmers are great..Although The Turbo Floater can be used on tanks larger than the Remoras so its pretty much just a matter of preference between them... And where you wanna go with your tank size wise later down the road... But all in all no matter what the opinions of some may be..The Remora's and Turbo Floaters are pretty much the same in the lines of what your gonna get out of them..Just the Remora is usually cheaper.. HTH

For the love of God, DO NOT purchase the Red Sea Berlin turbo hang on! :eek2:

Sorry for the strong opinion. I had one for six months and absolutely hated it! I got rid of it and got an AquaC Remora Pro w/Mag 350 pump. I could not be happier with the switch. The Remora, IMO, is the only skimmer worth buying.

I'd also have to vote for the Remora. Not that I think it will work better than the Turboflotor, but it is a very simple and easy to maintain design. I'm using Remoras on several of my maintenance customers tanks with great results.

Just remember the ratings are posted by the manufactures and are often inflated. In my experiance the AquaC remora pro is the best of all mentioned with the Aqua Medic a strong second. I do not believe the 250 gallon rating that Aqua Medic puts on the Turboflotor.

thanks for the replies, i like the look of the remora, i was jsut curious though, is mag 350, or mag 3 or whatever the full name, because im having a lot of trouble finding it, if someone could give me a company name, or a link or something of the sort it would help a lot, thanks

Back
Top Bottom