High Alkalinity and high calcium.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trzabka

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im haveing trouble getting my alkalinity to drop below15 dkh. The calcium is up around 560. the magnesium is running a solid 1500. I started with a water change, this didnt help only made the issue worse, turns out my local water supply has naturaly 7 dkh in it to start out with. The solution was to use rodi water. This however has not changed the alkalinity at all. I was told dose more calcium to bring down the alkalinity, however im at the limit were I dont want to take calcium any higher. I Know that Alkalinity plays a part with PH however ph remains stable at 8.4. I really dont know what to do next its been a week sense a 50% water change and nothing has changed. Some of my corals are starting to show signs of stress Im at a lose any help would be great. I should also add that nitrates amonnia and nitrates are all in perfect ranges. This is all according to Sailfert Test kits

Have you been dosing? Test the new salt water before pwc to verify if salt mix and test kits are good. Safest way to put everything back to normal is pwc.

Back
Top Bottom