High Salinty!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake337

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just did a 10% wc and made the new batch of sw to be around 1.025. I added the water to the display and being dumb enough didn't check the display salinity before. I guess I didn't top off enough rodi water unto the display during evaporation and after adding the new water the display is at 1.028. Will this be okay for my corals and fish or will this hurt them?

The coral wont mind but it's not good for the fish lower it a little at a time draw off a gallon or 2 and top off with RO/DI

i accidently ran at 1.027-1.028 with corals and fish, nothing changed when i lowered it to 1.025

pairenoid said:
i accidently ran at 1.027-1.028 with corals and fish, nothing changed when i lowered it to 1.025

How long did you keep the salinity at that level?

not sure but probably not longer than a week, i didnt know it was at 1.027 so im not sure when it started, but def no longer than 2 weeks

I read somewhere the ocean is like crazy salty. Your fish will be fine, just bring it down slowly. Deff wouldn't want to go from high to low I'm one change

I wouldnt worry too much jake thats not excessively high. Ocean reefs run around 1.0264, some places higher some lower. Just slowly bring it back down.

Back
Top Bottom