Hippo Tang Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mmaglione

Aquarium Advice Regular
I rescently noticed an issue i have been having between my hippo and my feather duster. My feather opens wide to sweep for food. Rescently my hippo tang has turned bully and nips at the feather mostly all the time. Every time i see the feather bravely reveal its feathers, sure enough here comes the bully. I do not want to seperate these two. Has anyone experienced this before? any ideas on how to resolve the issue without getting rid of anyone? No other fish i have does this, i have a clown, and a Yellow Hawk Tang. No one else seems to care. Im thinking maybe re-arrange the tank to mess up everyones territorial thoughts ? I might try that next.

Im thinking maybe re-arrange the tank to mess up everyones territorial thoughts ? I might try that next.

I think that might be a good idea. Just make sure you have some fresh made SW around in case you have an ammonia spike.

I agree with Mike. It shouldn't take too much movement. Can you move the rock the duster is attached to the other side of the tank to see if that helps?

Back
Top Bottom