hirocks.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am thinking of ordering the 60 lbs of base rock from Hirocks.com. Has anyone ordered from them and how is there product? Are the peices large enough? The rock description says "golfball to baseball" size....doesnt seem very big in size but 60 lbs...going to take a bucket load and a half of small peices to get 60 lbs!!
Thanks

Yeah, I bought some from them, but bought it from them on eBay (its a little cheaper that way). The rock was good, and was actually a bit bigger then they had said. One piece was maybe golf ball sized or so, but everything else was quite a bit bigger. I've also bought a little bit of rock locally, and much prefer the hirocks stuff that I bought.

They usually have 2 types of auctions. One for the bigger rocks and one for the smaller rocks. I have never ordered from them but I have heard good things. I found some from a guy in NC. I got 50-55lbs for $55 shipped. The rock is a bit different than my FL rock but it definately came from the ocean.

When I got my 60lbs from hirocks, the smallest was maybe softball sized. The biggest was almost the size of a basketball. Took a hammer to that sucker. Great rock though. Each rock was very different shaped with lost of curves and bends. Two thumbs up.

I didnt know Liverocks.com sold base rock....hummm....well to late but will look at them next time. i buy my LR from LR.com..

I have ordered twice from hirocks.com, the first time I was not happy, it was my fault for not reading the ad a little closer, I got great big rocks that were supposed to get placed in three different tanks. :roll: , anyway after I got my 150 gal tank I ordered another 60 lbs and it also was large rocks but that's what i wanted. If you want smaller rocks then order 2 30lb boxes not a 60. :mrgreen: I will order from them again should the need arise (MTS) :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom