Hit the jackpot at the LFS today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltcreep1025

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Went to one of the crappier of the LFS stores around here today. It's like 5 minutes from my house so when I can't make it to premium aquatics or inland aquatics (both freaking awesome) I go here. Usually I don't end up buying much because they sales people aren't very helpful or knowledgeable. This time, their naivete actually worked in my favor though!

PI8pIsvh.jpg

I believe this guy is a mini carpet nem, but I'm not sure and neither was the sales guy. It was on a piece of live rock, about a pound, and they guy said since neither of us knew and there was just one polyp on it he would just charge me live rock price, so I got it for 5 bucks! To make it even better, asked him how much for a couple loose zoa/paly polyps and he gave me these for free!

ygYRSZc.jpg

Also picked up a porcelain crab for 11 bucks to go with my pom pom crab and sexy shrimp in my 5g

otlnf1I.jpg

Ended up paying less than 20 bucks for all of it!

Its hard to see in this picture, but it has smooth areas near its mouth like ive never seen on a ric, which is why i believe it is a mini carpet nem. They look very similar. I guess I'll know when I see how big it gets.

I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, but it was quite obvious from its feeding response that its a mini carpet nem and not a ric.

The cyclopleeze/mysis combo i squirted at it stuck much much better to it than ive ever seen with a ric. Also, i touched it with my finger and it was much "stickier" than a ric.

Back
Top Bottom