HOB Filter Media WHAT TO DO?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VinnyP

Aquarium Advice Activist
I only have a 12 gallon tank starting to turn into a reef and only have HOB Filter for filtration. I keep up on my water changes to keep water a good as can be. I have been doing so much reading and there are so many views and points on what works and what doesn't. What should I run in my HOB filter to help out my water. Right now im just running carbon biomax and some foam pad and things seem to be working out just dont know if its the best and i could be doing something better. Please let me know. I am also sticking with LPS corals if that helps.

Believe it or not, I used a Skilter power filter with an air pump and stone for the skimmer for about 5 years running a 10 gallon reef FILLED with fast reproducing soft corals (sold a ton back to stores). If you want a cheap and easy option, that one may be better than a non-skimming power filter. For chemical filtration I just put chemi-pads, carbon and Purigen. That sad little skimmer consistently pulled out lots of foul gunk. That's just my experience. I'm sure there are newer ways to skim a small tank these days.

Back
Top Bottom