HOB fuge suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

austinsdad

Aquarium Advice Addict
Would something like this work on my 75g?
http://petsolutions.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_12516137_A_Medium+Aquafuge+Refugium_E_

Im becoming more intrigued by them and want one. Any suggestions on what works for you? I'm pretty much stuck w/only the HOB option since my stand has a glass door and would keep me from putting light in it.

I'm totally fine with nitrates, but would love the additional life I could have in the fuge, in addition to the benefits for the main tank.

I think those are beautiful. I've seen some of them around the pictures on this forum. I just made mine out of an aquaclear 300. But mine is just to raise pods and caulaurpa in. You cant see it from the front like the one in your post. But there are several like that in different sizes.

I have that exact same one, and I love it. Have some macros growing in there right now. Haven't had it for long, but it took about five minutes to put on the tank.. most of that being cutting apart the hood :roll: Perforated, my butt.

I like it because it looks like it's supposed to be there, not like I had a Home Depot gift certificate that was going to expire. Very nice.

Pump comes with, unless you had a different type in mind. You're in charge of the lights - but they do sell a lighting fixture made for these.

I have the 12" version of the CPR and its working fine. I bought a 9" Coralife PC mini Aqualight and laid it directly on some eggcrate. I have a DSB in it with a few small pieces of LR and some macro algae. The worst thing about it is its hard to get a good view as its behind the tank. Otherwise the pods love it as I can see them running around like crazy.....

Back
Top Bottom