HOB protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Electrobes

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone, I am new in the saltwater world (all thanks to one saltwater resident... the seahorse :D ) - But anyway I am curious, do HOB protein skimmers exist? I have an XP3 canister filter for a 45G Tall tank, so I don't have a sump to stick in one. If there are any, what do you suggest?? Thanks!

Yes they exist. For a 45 gal tall tank I would suggest the Remora skimmer. This is what i recently purchased for my own 45 tall and I feel its working great.

Yes they do exist. There is many different brands. The best one by far is the Remora series by aqua-c. You would be very pleased with this skimmer and its performance! We currently have the remora skimmer with maxi jet 1200 pump upgrade on special for $145.99 on our home page.

www.cheapcorals.com has the remora pro on sale for 176.80. I've been looking for the cheapest and this site has them. Just my two cents worth, and by the way, I appreciate all the replies I got as to which skimmer to buy

I noticed that cheapcorals.com is giving away a free Seachem 3 pack with each Remora Pro. Count me in!

Back
Top Bottom