Hole in my leather any ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markodeniro

Aquarium Advice Freak
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422118928.224520.jpg

Hi all my leather sheds its skin every few months which doesn't worry me. What does is this hole found right in the middle of it I found a grain of sand in the hole which I tipped out yesterday has anyone had a problem like this before? I need to get rid of my blue cheek goby as he's getting sand everywhere. Question is will my leather get better or worse?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Its odd, but the sand just eats right through them and then they heal up like nothing happened.

It's a nightmare there are probably 6 holes over it now, I tried the fish trap made out of an old bottle today but just caught the shrimp! Any ideas on how I can catch my blue cheek goby?

It's a nightmare there are probably 6 holes over it now, I tried the fish trap made out of an old bottle today but just caught the shrimp! Any ideas on how I can catch my blue cheek goby?

sounds more like a parasite eating at it
mine are always covered in sand with no holes doubt it's the sand

More holes tells me something in there is hungry...remove and dunk in a product like CoralRX and see what comes out of there.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422993396.245774.jpg

Great! I thought as she was opened up nicely it was just sand landing on her causing it to make holes. What should I be looking for? Tiny flea like things or worms?

I would lean towards some type of worm
your best bet would be a coral dip to get what ever is in it to back out as it's most likely buried deep inside

So coral rx will do the job?

you may need to dip it a time or two over a few days just to be sure you get whats eating the leather could also be a nudibranch

Well update with this my goby actually made a bid for freedom through a 2" hole in the lid and jumped out found him to hours later stuck to the carpet behind the tank? but on a positive note all of my corals seem to look a lot healthier and more open...

Does anyone think my peppermint shrimp could be eating my leather? I've read on different sites that they are scavengers and if don't have enough to eat will eat corals?

Back
Top Bottom