Holy Crap!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lando

Aquarium Advice Addict
Alright, my green BTA was spliting in two tonight. I just came home from dinner at the in-laws and it is actually splitting into three! I will try to get some pics. Has anyone ever heard of this before?? Really weird!

There are many websites that tell of this. I read one that said he has a rbta and it clones in threes every so many months. It will split in half then one of those will split in half again right away. He says that he has most luck if he feeds them regularly. I'll try to find the site and post it here. My bta has split but only into two pieces.

Thanks for the links. Here are some pretty bad pics. The first one s of the original BTA splitting. The second one is of the first split. The third one is of the third split. Does that make sense? Here you go...

Attachments

• uploadable_pics_034_580x434.jpg
    uploadable_pics_034_580x434.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 122
  • uploadable_pics_037_580x434.jpg
    uploadable_pics_037_580x434.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 109
  • uploadable_pics_038_580x434.jpg
    uploadable_pics_038_580x434.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 130
That is awesome. I have been feeding our new rbta and am hoping it will split often. It is probably 6 inches across when fully inflated. If it would split we'd have a couple of normal sized guys. The rose ones would probably sell pretty well at the lfs too. Cha ching!

Back
Top Bottom