hope im not in danger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefnoob84

Aquarium Advice Freak
just checked my levels 5 days in and are

pH 8.4
ammonia .50ppm
nitrite 0ppm
nitrate 40-80 freshwater test not sure if its even relevant since it is not sw
calcium 380ppm
phosphate 2.0ppm
specific gravity 1.021
temp 78.7 F

i do have almost 50 lbs live rock thats really starting to purple and produce fans with a pair of fire clowns. do you guys think it should be higher or lower for this early? im kind of a control freak but dont like chemicals. LFS advised me to use purpleup but it really clouded the water and i felt the fish were too early in the tank to be put through that again. so ill check them again tomorrow in the am and post results. Any suggestions?

Do water changes to get rid of that ammonia and get a saltwater nitrate test kit. Also raise your salinity to 1.026. The phosphate level is extremely high and will lead to nusiance algae problems. Are you using tap water?

where did you get your rock from, its totally possible your PH4 has leached out of the rocks if it was in a tank that was pooly maintained or miss treated.

just keep up with regular water changed untill the PO4 is out you can also invest in a phosban reactor to help rid your fish world of phosphates

I did a 10% wc levels down to 0 and used a little prime to lower the ammonia

And my sg is 1.025 don't wanna raise it anymore today. Btw lots of purple and brown growth on all the rocks but 2 there base rocks so not too worried

1.025 is perfect for a reef, leave the SG there. just keep an eye on your ammonia and nitrite. how did you cycle your system and are there fish in it right now?

Back
Top Bottom