How about this mix?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ch33ky

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a NEW 72g bow front (48inch wide), 100 lbs. live rock, sand, wet/dry, aquac urchin in sump, tight fitting glass hood. No fish yet (cycling).

I'm wanting a FOWLR.

I was wondering peoples thoughts on the compatibility of these three fish:

snowflake eel + picasso trigger + harlequin tusk wrasse

I know they all have weird compat issues, and was wondering other peoples thoughts on having these 3 in the same tank.

Is the tank too small to house just these 3?

I'm assuming high waste output, so is the aquac, wet/dry, water changes enough?

Is there a recommended order of adding these to the tank?

I've read TONS of info from this site and others, but maybe you can see why wanting these 3 can cause some confusion.

If these 3 can't mix, what combo of TWO can?

Thanks in advance!

I have almost the exact same set up as you and am considering similar inhabitants. Right now I just have a small snowflake eel in there. I was looking at a picasso trigger, a volitan lion, and a harlequin tusk.

So I guess this question applies to both of us. From what I have read though, these should be fine together. I would suggest adding the trigger last though.

Yeah I've seen many compatability charts like that one, except they aren't specific enough.

For these 3 it is a "Use Caution." So atleast it isn't a "no".
I've actually seen in fish stores a picasso and tusk together, and picassos and snowflake eels together (albeit mixing of fish in stores doesn't mean that much). Haven't seen snowflake plus tusk yet, but by association and "use caution" you think it'd be ok.

I was really looking to see if anyone had a tank with any mix of these 3 fishes already. If so, maybe tell some stories (if any) about them being in the same tank.

Back
Top Bottom