How can I catch my damsel??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefaddict

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been trying to catch my domino damsel for 2 days now. I've tried using a specimen container and chase him in there with a net...i've tried just netting him and I've tried with two people with two nets. :x :x :evil:

Is there a way to catch these little guys, without taking out all my corals and rock...which im pretty sure is not an option. :?

Thanks
-Mike

If you can't remove rock, you're only option is to make the tank smaller (i.e. remove water or partition off the tank). Any way you do it, the quicker you do it the better for the inhabitants you're trying to catch and the others still in the tank.

I just caught out two dominoes the other day and I know that it is not easy (as it isn't for any fish that wants to stay where it is). I was due for a water change, so I took out water and that helps, but the rascals know how to use the rocks. I tried to keep them into one side of the tank. Time was an issue for me and I didn't want too much stress, so as a last resort I took out some rock.

I guess I didn't really help you out. Best of luck, I'll be cheering for you.

What is a fish trap? Where ca I get one? It sounds like something I'd be interested in! I'll try feeding in the net..

Thanks for the suggestions!

You can do a search for DIY fish traps, or you can look for one of the manufactured traps, ultrareef makes one, called The Trap. Expensive but worth their weight in gold.

Back
Top Bottom