How can I move this shroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

Ok so the LFS gave me a few shrooms a while back to throw in my tank.. So thats exactly what I did.. One floated away to an unknown area and this one found its spot right here.. It has trippled in size but do to the light change I think that I need to move this.. How can I move this safely and should I just put in on the bottom or???

Please Advise,
James

If it is unhappy...it will move on it's own. Otherwise point a powerhead on it and it will move away from it, of course it will be leaving little pieces of it behind that will grow into new shrooms.

hmm So basically it is kinda stuck there where its at.. If I put the Frogspawn above it would it most likely kill it?? This shroom just happened to choose the worst possible place to reside..

James

reefrunner69 said:
Otherwise point a powerhead on it and it will move away from it, of course it will be leaving little pieces of it behind that will grow into new shrooms.

reread reefrunner's post cj.

Well you can leave it were it is and see how it responds to your lights. If its connected to just one rock you could move tha tone rock to a lower area of the tank thats maybe partially shaded. If its attached to multiple rocks OR you dont want to move the rock then you can cut the mushroom off the rock with a sharp razor blade. Just get the blade as close to the rock as possible. You wont kill the mushroom this way. Then put the mushroom where you want it and put some wedding veil over it to hold it down to the rocks at the new location. It will attach in a few days.

Merged the double post together. Please try to post only once. I did not realize there where two posts on the same subject when I replyed to your second one.

the double post I dont know how it happened??? I realized that It did afterwards.. I will try the powerhead and try and make it move.. If now I will cut it with a razonblade..

Thanks Again Guys,
James

Maybe you clicked the back button only once and the posting script posted the message twice. I saw the time/date stamp was 1min apart.

That is a very good possibility.. That is most likely what happened.. Its kinda strage as its never done it to me before but its hard to remember what exactly I did On every msg I post ;) Anyways I will try and watch a bit better..

JAmes

Back
Top Bottom