How do i get rid of these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Try and get another pic but from this view looks like apstina I know I spelt that wrong theres a med that comes with needle u stick um and inject that kills um my buddy had um in his tank

Yeah it's aiptasia. Methods of removal include injecting with kalk paste or lemon juice, basting with boiling water, or a commercial product like aiptasia-x or joe's juice. Injecting is a good choice. Aiptasia-X works pretty well too, they actually eat the stuff and die within a few minutes. If you're using kalk or boiling water, you have to smother the whole thing so it dies. If you're injecting with lemon juice, you can take a hypodermic syringe and either inject through the mouth or the stalk. You can also buy a peppermint shrimp, many will eat aiptasia. You can also take a look at bhergia nudibranches, but that's overkill for a small tank.

--Adeeb

+1 on peppermint shrimp. Mine keep my tank free of them even tho I have some in my fuge.

1 peppermint won't do anything unless they are really small also I they are in a DT they are just goin to eat food u feed try starving the tank for a bit and add more peppermint shrimps also if they are really big you will have to shoot them with aptisa x and the peopermints will eat it when it is weak

Back
Top Bottom