How do I Safely Nuke a Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i was gonna suggest vinegar, someone else has. Lemon juice would work too, a couple cups full all dead... I think adding a bunch of baking soda would also work as it would drop the ph incredibly fast? unsure about this but stands to reason

kurtyboh said:
i was gonna suggest vinegar, someone else has. Lemon juice would work too, a couple cups full all dead... I think adding a bunch of baking soda would also work as it would drop the ph incredibly fast? unsure about this but stands to reason

Baking soda is a base thus having an increase in ph. You can always fill the tank with super cold fresh water. Fill the tank and empty a bag of ice in the tank. I don't think any of them will live through that.

OR, fill the tank with ice cold water with ice cubes dump a crap load of ammonia AND a bunch of lemon juice WITH vinager. NOTHING would live through that.

SleepsWithFish said:
OR, fill the tank with ice cold water with ice cubes dump a crap load of ammonia AND a bunch of lemon juice WITH vinager. NOTHING would live through that.

Lol very nice. But it would be redundant to add all that since ammonia has the strongest ph of them all, thus the lemon juice and vinegar would act as a "base" and increase the ph causing a less lethal concoction. Think of it as adding baking soda to lime. It will lower the ph.

Back
Top Bottom