How do i set up an emergency qt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have all the equipment I could ever need to set it up. I have sponge filters, base rock, heaters, power heads, protien skimmer, everything. I'm thinking that I just am doing a heater and sponge filter in my 40g tank or should I do the 20g tall tank. It's for a powder blue tang that's about 5". I just don't know how to make the tank stable, I don't want to put him in a tank with an ammonia spike that will end up killing him. I figure there won't be as much ammonia with him beings he will just eat algae and there won't be a bunch of food decaying. Also maybe my skimmer would help? I just don't really believe in bottled bacteria but if someon knows of one that will really work.

Best to have no rock or sand in a qt, maybe a large diameter pvc pipe for shelter. Some medications can leech into the rock and kill inverts later. A hang on filter would be fine and a skimmer isnt needed.

You may need daily pwcs to prevent ammonia spikes, I would test daily.. What is wrong with the powder anyway?

Best to have no rock or sand in a qt, maybe a large diameter pvc pipe for shelter. Some medications can leech into the rock and kill inverts later. A hang on filter would be fine and a skimmer isnt needed.

You may need daily pwcs to prevent ammonia spikes, I would test daily.. What is wrong with the powder anyway?

hes beyond thin, he has ich, he isnt even really swimming hes just laying most the time =/. I was able to just scoop him up in a net and he didnt even try and get away. Yeah I wasnt going to put rock in the tank just saying I had it. But i thought that i shouldnt.

Give him fresh food salmon oysters shrimp something fresh soaked in garlic juice that will help him eat

Give him fresh food salmon oysters shrimp something fresh soaked in garlic juice that will help him eat

he cant even swim anymore...I think its just a matter of time now...I got him to eat a little by hand feeding him but I think its just to late =/

I'd keep trying I had a clown do that I fed him by hand and he.got better so sometimes u can turn um around

Back
Top Bottom