How do you catch a fish to move them to a QT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasdivegal

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok...My kole tang was looking ashy but still acting ok and water tests are perfect. Now my blennie has the same ashy look but he is rubbing himself on the rocks.

I have been trying to catch them to move them out. But I can't catch them. HOW do you do it? What is the best way and easiest way to catch a fish that doesn't want to be caught?

Beware of oodinium/velvet. I diagnosed mine late and lost 8 fish within a 2 week period. Does the ashiness look like a powder or sugar dusting on the fish?

Its a pain, but it works. I have done it twice. Don't know how large your tank is, but get a new garbage can, drain as much of the tank water into it as you can. Then take out your rock and place it in the can.
This should make it easier. They have much less swimming room.

If they are still eating good then you can try to put the food right by the net and scoop them out. If they are scared of the net it probably wont work.

What I am doing is I purchased a piece of plexiglass at lowes big enough side to side and almost big enough top to bottom. I slide it in the tank, move all the rock to one side and scoop up the fish that are left, then move the rock to the other side and do it again. Taking the water out works but I got over 100 gal tank. I really didn't want to take the water out.

justmy2cents said:
What I am doing is I purchased a piece of plexiglass at lowes big enough side to side and almost big enough top to bottom. I slide it in the tank, move all the rock to one side and scoop up the fish that are left, then move the rock to the other side and do it again. Taking the water out works but I got over 100 gal tank. I really didn't want to take the water out.

Nice idea!!
I really didn't want to take the water out either...no fun. I had to remove about 90 gallons.

Back
Top Bottom