How do you clean your mixing tub/bucket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krypt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was getting ready to make some water today for my weekly change tomorrow and I noticed this weird smell inside my brute 32 gallon can I use to mix my water in. When I bought it I ensured it was food grade so as to not leach anything into my water and I also made sure it was BPA free so I know it isn't contamination from those sources. I figured it was just in need of a good cleaning and I am curious what you all use to clean your mixing tubs with.

Do you use any specific type of cleanser? Can I use hot water and a little bleach to sanitize it as long as I rinse very well? How do you all do it?

I have seen aquarium cleaning spray bottles at a pet store, I didn't look at it but you might try to find aquarium safe cleaner.

i think bleach can be used as long as its rinsed well and you let it completely dry before using it again. I just use my buckets that my salt comes in to do water changes. They get dusty sometimes and just rinse them with water but I've never noticed any smell from them.

never cleaned mine. I use a big 33G rubbermaid garbage can. You can get some smell if you don't get all the water out and let it stagnate in there.

does it smell like hot peppers? I always smell that on the rubbermaid aisle. :)

I just rinse the brown leftovers out with RO watah.

never cleaned mine. I use a big 33G rubbermaid garbage can. You can get some smell if you don't get all the water out and let it stagnate in there.

That's probably my problem then. Last time I made water and did my water change, I forgot to dump out the left overs and dry the tub, it sat for like 3-4 days before I noticed. I'll just clean it with some RO water and lightly brush it with a new brush.

Back
Top Bottom