How do you get an anemone off a rock or coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DI68

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought some corals and fish privately yesterday. Really wanted the large elegance but an anemone had attached itself to its side and has stung the coral in the middle. I took the coral but had a bad experience with an anemone in the past and would like to sell it ASAP. How do I detach it if someone wants to buy it?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428140554.107812.jpg It looks bleached too although the guy had amazing Aqua Ray lights. I only have T5s. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I've heard pointing a power head at it works. Why not just do what they would do at a LFS and peel the foot up? I'm sure there are videos online to watch...

Then how have you seen LFS remove them from the tank and get them bagged to go home? Peeling is the only way I've actually ever seen it done at an LFS. Just don't buy them where the employees don't know what they're doing...

The power heads will work that's how I move mine

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You could peel it off of the glass with minimal danger, but not a rock or coral skeleton. I would not suggest trying to force it off. T5 lighting will support an anemone if you have enough lamps. If it's free, I'd take it attached. Odds are decent that it will relocate when it's in a different environment anyway.

Back
Top Bottom