How long can i go without my sump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondatek

Aquarium Advice Addict
Long story short my overflow is leaking . I am re doing the bulkhead with silicone this time so it will be down until this time Sunday . Anyone think I will have any issues during this time

I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't think so if you keep checking your parameters and doing PWC's as needed. Just be sure to keep your powerheads going ;-)

I think 2 days should be fine if you have good water to start, liverock and powerheads moving the water...

I hope so. I also hope this fixes the problem once and for all and the pipes are setup right . I totally forgot to index them to the overflow to make sure I have the right angles.

Just stick in some power heads and keep the H2O moving.
U have a 55 with no sump and no problems for 6 years.

Yea I put an extra powerhead in the dt so there is 3 and kept my uv pumping the water in my sump.

I had the same problem a while back. I used a marineland silicone that took 24 hours to set I was up and running with no problems the next afternoon everything was fine for the 35 hours

you'll be ok lots of people loose power for days and don't have a problem as long as they keep the water agitated. so your powerheads are going so you'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom