How many hermits/Snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
go scarlets i think the bule ones are boring and gay and my zebra crabs pick fights with eachother all the time and have no regard for anything else

and i have a 20g with 5 scarlets
3 zebra
2 blue
10 turbos
and yes it is to many i find the snails do a way better job controlling the algae but the crabs are way cooler to watch

I have two cleaner shrimp, two peppermint shrimp, 4 scarlet reef hermits, one electric blue hermit, one large turbo snail, 3 nassarius snails, 3 super tongan nassarius snails, and three cerith snails. I LOVE the hermits (their cute little eyestalks are my favorite). They are crazy! One of them enjoys climbing the side of the tank and then free-falling back to the sandy bottom. I think it is completely hilarious when he crashes to the bottom. I think he likes it.

Anyway, I also included several empty shells for the hermits and they have utilized those instead of trying to attack the snails or each other. They acutally all seem to get along quite well! So, I'd be sure to make sure you have some empty shells! :wink:

Hey there, forum. Just an update. It wasn't the CC star, it was another crab. Saw it start up the other night, so I had to reach in and separate them. I don't want to give CC stars a bad name by any means. Mine is very well-behaved. I added one big honkin' Turbo snail and the crabs are behaving now. LOL

--AquaBear

Back
Top Bottom