How much should i feed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ive been feeding a whole cube of emerald entree (frozen food) once a day and wanted to know if i should be feeding less. My tank is a 37g and my stock is-
5" starry blenny, 4" flame angel, 3" valentini puffer, and two 3" purple fire fish. I also have- 40 assorted hermits (blue and red leg ,scarlet reef, and dwarf zebras) 1 giant porcelain crab, 1 mid sized emerald crab, and a bunch of snails. My nitrates are 0 and phosphates are 2. Should i feed more? Or less? Thanks!

1 cube daily for a tank that small is awfully high I would say. 2.0 phosphates are also pretty high. Not as major an issue if this is a FOWLR, but in a reef that number is through the roof. I would definitely feed less.

Half a cube should be just fine in a tank that size and stocking.

Okay thanks, now i have another Q, ive been feeding 1/4 a block a day in my 20 long. Heres my stock-
Two 3" ocellaris clowns and a 3" yellow watchman goby. My invertabrates are- 1 pistol shrimp, 6 dwarf zebra hermit, 1 nassarius snail, and a bunch of brittle stars and micro-stars that hitch hiked on rock.

If it helps, I feed one cube to my 55 reef. Has 2 ocellaris clowns, a coral beauty, marine betta, lawnmower blenny, green mandarin, and a pj cardinal. I feed twice a week.

Feeding more or less is really about how easily you can remove what you are putting in. This is done with water changes and mechanical filtration. If you have an oversized skimmer, you can get away with feeding more...as an example.

Back
Top Bottom