how much time do y'all spend admiring?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My girlfriend gets mad because of how much time I spend with it and on this forum. She says im addicted. Well shes right lol.

10 min per day every day minimum.. why spend that much money on something not to admire it? Whenever guests come to the house, even repeat guests, like parents/close friends, they even spend about 5 min per tank admiring and trying to notice any differences between now and the last visit. I love it. So I try to change small things all the time.. and the fish love exploring the newly moved stuff.. also it gives the engineer gobies reason to build new mounds/caves.

I am also guilty of constantly viewing our tank! Counting the critters, searching for the crazy hiding Emerald crab, checking the live rock for new growths... If only it were located in my office or in the living room, then I'd be looking ever more. :) Same thing with family coming over, they always spend a good 10 minutes or so looking at the tank and it is a great conversation piece. So many questions get asked. Can't wait til we get this tank down to a science and then can add another larger tank!

Vanphyre said:
I am also guilty of constantly viewing our tank! Counting the critters, searching for the crazy hiding Emerald crab, checking the live rock for new growths... If only it were located in my office or in the living room, then I'd be looking ever more. :) Same thing with family coming over, they always spend a good 10 minutes or so looking at the tank and it is a great conversation piece. So many questions get asked. Can't wait til we get this tank down to a science and then can add another larger tank!

I get lots and lots of questions too. I feel like a dork for knowing all of them..LOL:) It's really satisfying to know that my extreme interest in marine reef life is also very interesting and cool to just about everyone else. Everyone that sees the tank(for the most part) makes comments about it and just stares at it in silence for a little while. You can tell they think it's neat too.

swjunkie said:
You know you are addicted when you start remodeling your house to support your tanks. but you know your a little loopy when you start having dreams about your tanks. I have been having crazy dreams about my mushrooms. LOL!

Guilty on both counts... I spend hours watching my tanks, even more thinking about the big Project Tank. And yes, last night I had dreams of... of all things... colt corals. Beautiful big ones. And ricordeas like crazy. My wonderful engineering wizard partner spends a lot of time staring at the tank as well, we're always trying to see if we can spot a shrimp, or the sally lightfoots, or the small abalones.

way to much to count ill put it this way i felt the need to put a lazyboy next to my favarit tank

My tank is right beside my couch, so I usually spend about 2-4 hours a night looking at it. Sometimes more on the weekend. I've been n this hobby for 8 years now and I never spent this much time in front of my 55g, but when I made the move to my 155g, it's kinda took me over, LOL.

i dont look at at it as much as my wife and kids hehe, my 3 year old daughter loves to watch the yellow tang

I'm constantly late for work because I'm watching everything wake up. :black:
Good thing I have an understanding boss...

I do the same thing in the morning. I have to come down and check on everything and watch everyone wake up. It doesn't matter how late it makes me. I also spend a lot of time in the evening as well. I sit reverse on the couch so I can watch my fish play and swim around. Since my tank is only about nine months old I also spend a lot of time playing detective, looking for anything new or different. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom