How much to feed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EELectric

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 1 gold-banded maroon clown and 1 longnose hawkfish and they eat a lot. The guy at my LFS said to feed them so that they will eat it all in 2 minutes. I'm feeding them formula 1 but when i feed them they devour in about 30 seconds. Anyone have an experience with hungry fish or should i just feed them more? Thank you!

Personally I will tell you how I feed my 4 fish. I have 2 clowns, a wrasse and a damsel. I pour whatever Im feeding into a cup with tank water and mix it all together. When I go to feed, I dont pour a ton in there expecting or trying to estimate how much they will eat. I pour enough for a "1st round" if you will for everyone. They eat it all really fast on this time around. I keep doing small increments until they act like they are being picky. I never pour or try not to pour enough that more than 5-10% hits the bottom. I have found this works great and you still get enough for the bottom feeders. So far in ne year, my trates have never been about 5-10. Seems to work

Back
Top Bottom