how much - What do I need for a Clean Up Crew?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ashiee2 said:
ow much CUC is to much CUC?

A truck load.....

But really cant say with no info such as tank size and what you want your clean up crew to include. Hermits, snails, shrimp, crabs, starfish etc.

i have a rsm 250 i have a turbo snail about 4 hermit crabs 1 star fish um 1 of them snails that dig it self into the sand with a trunk looking think thats it .

What's the volume of your tank? Either way, doesn't seem like you have too large of a CUC.

Since we're talking about CUC .... My Arrow crab eats everything that isn't moving ! Constantly eating. I have noticed that my cleaner shrimp had become more timid however. That may be my only complaint about my arrow, he intimidated my cleaner.... On the plus side the last 2 times my SCS and CBS molted I would never have known except my arrow was finishing off the remains , I didn't have to fish it out :) .

ashiee2 said:
i have a rsm 250 i have a turbo snail about 4 hermit crabs 1 star fish um 1 of them snails that dig it self into the sand with a trunk looking think thats it .

Thats not much at all.

Heres a good list for you:
4 brittle stars
20 nassarius snails (the ones with the "trunk")
Anywhere from 40-50 dwarf hermits
And then a few turbo snails 5 ought to do you well.

May seem like a lot but once they are in the tank they will all begin munching. Brittle stars will help keep under the rocks clean.

DON'T GET THE GREEN BRITTLES. They are predatory when hungry, and other brittle is fine. Serpent stars work really well too.

Back
Top Bottom