How often do you move your LR around?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boardsurfer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just curious as to how often you guys and gals move around your LR. Mines been in the same position for around 2 years and I'm thinking I should mix it up a bit? What do you think?

What I want to do is take out all of the LR to get a damsel out (back to the LFS). Then I want to re-aquascape my tank.

1) Would the LR be ok in an empty Rubbermaid tub for about 15 minutes?
2) Would re-aquascaping my LR hurt certain living things? Like featherdusters out of direct light? I'm thinking they might burn up if facing up.
3) How often do you move around your LR?

I haven't moved my LR since I got things the way I wanted it. Don't plan to. The way I see it, everything is growing/living for the circumstances it is in (light, flow, etc).

I have moved mine a couple of times. I had to get it all out during an Ich outbreak so I could get the fish out and put them in QT.

I put all the rock in a couple of Rubbermaid tubs partially filled with tank water to cover the shrooms etc. It gave me a chance to re-aquascape the tank after I got all the fish out.

I thought I had lost my bi-color blenny, but he had holed up in a rock and jumped out and into the tub when I went to place the rock back in the tank.

I have redone mine a couple of times. Once to add a hundred pounds of base coral rubble underneath the good stuff and once recently to move the tank to a new house. Both times I used rubbermaid tubs for the corals and 5 gallon buckets for the rest of the rock.. No losses just cover them with the tank water. This is also a good time to do a major water change and vacuum.

Back
Top Bottom