How often should I feed my carpet anenome?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emelinda76

Aquarium Advice Freak
How often should I feed my carpet anenome? Some chunks of shrimps? What else they eat? 1st pic

How do i feed my long tentacle anenome? It's never opened it's mouth...??? 2nd pic

Attachments

• image-3473705816.jpg
    image-3473705816.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 258
  • image-829929736.jpg
    image-829929736.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 257
if they are hosed 1 a week they will feed of sraps from the clown fish if not then you should feed them every other day if they are not hungry they will release there food just clear it out the tank n try again in a day or two. anemones dont really open there mouth unless they are feeding or getting rid of waste i think. you should nev"er feed directly to the mouth you can damadge them really badly. just place the food on the tenticles or on the "carpet" tenticles. they wil then do what they do with the food. anemones eat most meaty foods like shrimp and silversides etc. only give them food that is the same size as there mouth. hope this helps. try alternating your feeding e.g carpet one day then the long tenticle the othere.

The long tentacle anenome didn't feed until I fed the chunk ok shrimp directly to it's mouth.. Which was the first time it opened it's mouth in 3 weeks . The carpet now feeds from placing the shrimp on it's short tentacles but the clown goes crazy trying to Steele the food from it... ;()

Diablito

Do the clows host the carpet. You shouldnt be feeding directly to there mouth. Place it on his tenticles and he should grab it after a while. As for the carpet try putting something like a strawberry basket or something overhim wen u feed him to give him a chance only if he is not hosted.

AaronH said:
Do the clows host the carpet. You shouldnt be feeding directly to there mouth. Place it on his tenticles and he should grab it after a while. As for the carpet try putting something like a strawberry basket or something overhim wen u feed him to give him a chance only if he is not hosted.

Yes the anemones are being hosted... Now they are both being fed on it's tentickes... Good idea. Thanks

Diablito

No prob let me no how it goes and if they are hosted dont used the basket just give them time the clown fish will also feed ur anemone a little two thats why u feed them less if they are hosted hopes it goes k.

AaronH said:
No prob let me no how it goes and if they are hosted dont used the basket just give them time the clown fish will also feed ur anemone a little two thats why u feed them less if they are hosted hopes it goes k.

I don't see that the clown fish is feeding it... I feed the carpet but thereafter it shrinks ... It's now been two days ???

Diablito

normally the clowns will eat over the anemone and bits will drop into the anemone. they do not need that much food. give it some time sometimes u feeed them once a month every anemone is diffrent as long as ur light is fine and water and flow etc u should be fine if u feed him and he shrunk do u mean as soon as u put food on him he curled up ?

Few hours After he was fed on Thursday .. He shrunk alot from it's original size.. Since then he has not gotten full again.. Instead he gets smaller n fills up just a little..now that's it shriveled He looks more green..

Diablito

all your water perameters are ok ? it cant be light if there wernt enought light he would wonder around your tank looking for some constantly. just give hm some time and see what happens. dont try to force feed him u will do more damage and if he rejects the food he obv aint hungry

Im concerned.. although he fills back up to close to its original size...when its closer to the evening time or in the AM it deflates almost to snaller than the clown who is three inches

even the clown seems to notice as he rubs himself on it

are u leaveing the lights on for to long coz i dont that and mine just moved into a cave and come out again in three days time
they take along time to show anything is wrong and coz that they are not very successfull at being treated but most of the time things are normally a simple fix. do a water test when he is open and one when he is closed and look at the diffrent also check the temp and salinity is ok to

Ever since I left lights on for 12 hours straight it moved n started to act this way... ;( I'm calling a " sun burn"

This is what he looks like now ;( ... Still attached to rock but it's not as sticky anymore or wanting to feed although it mouth is wide open looking like it wants to turn inside out.... Should I get it out ?

Diablito

Attachments

• image-2886398949.jpg
    image-2886398949.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 130
Dont sound good. Is there any brown stuff comeing from his mouth. Try turnting the lights back to how u had em.

AaronH said:
Dont sound good. Is there any brown stuff comeing from his mouth. Try turnting the lights back to how u had em.

Nothing coming out his mouth... He filled up yesterday after the lights on for about 4 hours... But this am it was back to the pic size... I have not changed the lighting.. Water Parameters are all normal

Diablito

Back
Top Bottom