How to clean a canister

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterTeen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a filstar xP3 canister and last time I cleaned it my science teach said I did it wrong, I took out all the sponges and rinsed and ringed them out in fw, but didnt do it to the ceramic rings because they encourage bacteria growth, and my science teacher said I when I clean it I only take one sponge out and rinse that out and either set aside or buy a new one then next month do the same until its all out and then you replace them. Is that right??? Thanks For The Help

first i got to say kinda cool seeing a teen picking a pink floyd avatar !! just went and seen the pink floyd australia tribute band great show and if ya closed ya eyes ya couldnt tell if it was live or a cd !! they sounded great !! but anyway as for the sponges imo i dont see any harm washing them as for the rings i would only rinse them in aquarium water to break up the crap and then put them back in !! ya wont loose any bacteria by doing that !!

Back
Top Bottom