How to cut feather dusters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They live in the tube you see them retract into there actually a little worm with the feather head. So yes you can scrape them off or pull them off. If they come out of the tube they will make another.

They live in the tube you see them retract into there actually a little worm with the feather head. So yes you can scrape them off or pull them off. If they come out of the tube they will make another.

Ok so can I cut the tube off the rock with a razor and it will be ok?

Ok so can I cut the tube off the rock with a razor and it will be ok?

I feel the need to point out that you really shouldn't cut through the tube. Just scrape the bottom off. Most likely you will kill the worm if you cut into the tube itself. I'm not sure if the wording is throwing me for a loop but it sounds like you are planning on hacking through the tube.

I agree with mebbid. In my experience once out of their tube they generally die.

No they will not die they will form a new tube. They can and do leave their tube in the ocean to move to another location. I had numerous one leave there tube and their fine. I'm sure the op is going to use good judgement in removing.

Back
Top Bottom