how to glue a ricardio mushroom?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

piggybank2005

Aquarium Advice Activist
do you put super glue on the entire back side, just the center, or the outer rim?

thanks. i was wondering because i did that, then it curls up after a few days. :?:

You do not glue ricordeas, it's almost impossible to glue them because of the slime they produce. You should use some kind of netting ( wedding veil) to hold them down on the rock so they can attach naturally. takes about two weeks for them to attach.

i have one that came with a tiny little rock. so i sit it down on a big piece of rock. then the edge of the mushroom curls up.

my other one that came without attaching to a rock sits flat on a rock. it doesn't curl up. so my question is how do i know whether it's happy or not?

BIGGEN,I dont think anyone asking about glueing corals or that owns a reef tank at all for that matter would really believe that liquid nail thing lighten up!! NUFF SAID!!!!!

BIGGEN,I dont think anyone asking about glueing corals or that owns a reef tank at all for that matter would really believe that liquid nail thing lighten up!! NUFF SAID!!!!!

Why the heck not? Liquid Nails is just another type of adhesvie, right? When I was a newb, the first time I heard that people attach corals to rocks with super glue I was like "Whatever, that is BULLS***!" It is all to easy to walk into a pet store and spend a lot of money on corals without have any clue about how to attach them, and very possible that people could take your information the wrong way.

KMyers18 wrote:

I am not going to lighten up with this kind of stuff. How do you know someone wouldn't take this to heart? You suggested, in another thread, that someone give an enema to their fish. The person then responded with "what is it and how do I get it".

If you are going to post this kind of stuff, let the people know you are joking with them and are not serious. Better yet, put it in the Lounge.

grimlock3000 wrote

Why the heck not? Liquid Nails is just another type of adhesvie, right? When I was a newb, the first time I heard that people attach corals to rocks with super glue I was like "Whatever, that is BULLS***!" It is all to easy to walk into a pet store and spend a lot of money on corals without have any clue about how to attach them, and very possible that people could take your information the wrong way.

You don't want to use Liquid Nails for glueing coral and it is not "just another type of adhesive". It is nowhere near fish safe. Get some super glue at Wal-Mart that contains CYANOACRYLATE in it. It will say it on the package. I use the Duro Brand. It is around $2 for two tubes of it. Much cheaper than Liquid Nails as well.

Hey everyone out there PLEASE WHATEVER YOU DO DONT USE LIQUID NAILS TO ATTACH YOUR CORAL TO THE LIVE ROCK PLEASE DO NOT I REPEAT (WARNING) DO NOT USE LIQUID NAILS TO ATTACH YOUR CORAL TO THE LIVE ROCK IT IS NOT FISH SAFE!!!!!! O- YEAH AND DONT TRY TO GIVE YOUR CLOWN FISH A ENEMA THE APPLICATER IS TO LARGE AND WILL KILL THE FISH!!!! FOR HUMAN USE ONLY !!!!WARNING!!!!WARING!!!!! I WAS ONLY JOKING PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR MY CARELESS COMMENTS!!!!!!!!!!! There is that better??? Maybe we got that all cleared up!!! In reality if you did not have enough commin since to know that that was a joke then......

You missed the whole point of my argument, evidently. I do realize you were joking. Some may not. It is not that I don't like joking around, you just need to be careful. Especially on the internet where there are language and cultural barriers. Don't just assume. That was my point.

I am done arguing about this as it is off the topic and I have better things to do.

I was'nt arguing with anyone! There was nothing to argue about. And i do understand your point. But hey all the warnings cleared that right up!! Right?

You don't want to use Liquid Nails for glueing coral and it is not "just another type of adhesive". It is nowhere near fish safe. Get some super glue at Wal-Mart that contains CYANOACRYLATE in it. It will say it on the package. I use the Duro Brand. It is around $2 for two tubes of it. Much cheaper than Liquid Nails as well.

Heh, I know, I was just trying to get the point across. I got through a crazy ammount of glues and adhesives building model rockets and subwoofer enclosures. I can stick anything to anything :D

Back
Top Bottom