how to grow coraline?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Jasoninnm, is that a remora skimmer u got? I noticed the pump.. dude cover the hole that the pump takes the water from the tank into the skimmer because I also have a remora and I found one of my damsels dead cuz he got stuck in there.. I covered it with floss then I put a ruberband around it so it wouldn't get sucked in.. and that just happened today..): I've Ben trying to capture the damsel for some time and bring him to my lfs but I couldn't because all the liverock he was really meen but no fish deserves to die.. especially like that): well I'm just giving u some advice from my experience because sooner or later your clown might get sucked in there and ul wish u did... let me k wut u think.. best of luck

davidmaguirre said:
Hey Jasoninnm, is that a remora skimmer u got? I noticed the pump.. dude cover the hole that the pump takes the water from the tank into the skimmer because I also have a remora and I found one of my damsels dead cuz he got stuck in there.. I covered it with floss then I put a ruberband around it so it wouldn't get sucked in.. and that just happened today..): I've Ben trying to capture the damsel for some time and bring him to my lfs but I couldn't because all the liverock he was really meen but no fish deserves to die.. especially like that): well I'm just giving u some advice from my experience because sooner or later your clown might get sucked in there and ul wish u did... let me k wut u think.. best of luck

Hey buddy thanks for the advice!!! How does it look?! That's funny(not really funny actually) that u say that because I just had a 4 strip demsel vanish on me... hmmm......

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110313_083857.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110313_083857.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 256
Looks great!:) yea that's gud that u covered it cuz the hole is pretty big and its a powerful pump and it really sux wen u lose fish/:

Well I got it used and had cleaned the MJ really good and I just see from how much it was spraying and how much more waterr flow coming out!! I was stoked

Lol yea that happened with me but in a different way wen I snapped a pipe from my dump for my piranha tank and water was flying all over the place lol..

Be careful what you ask for. I got my pink and white algae going a few years back. Combination of proper lighting, calcium availability and Kh.
It is very hard to clean off the glass or acrylic. This is a hard algae that can scratch the tank easily with the force required to remove it.

It does show that the water quality is pretty good, as it has to have calcium to grow. And I don't think a reef that cannot grow it is as healthy as it needs to be to grow coral. Especially hard corals. But it can be a real pain.

i noticed my rock is starting to look cleaner and it seams as if alot of my rock is turning a darkish pink? is that coraline growth? I will post a pic tomaro when the lights are on but for the meen time?

I attached a pic that I just took of my live rock.. they have like a pinkish tint and green on them is this the beginning of growth of coraline algae?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110314_114423.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110314_114423.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 196
Is that brown algae or diatoms on your glass and powerhead? If so what are your Nitrates and Phosphates? N and P will hender the uptake of calcium and keep you from growing Coraline Algae's. A good source that I have found for various colors of coraline aglae's is Garf Grunge, some cool stuff that can be bought at www.garf.org usually has several pinks, purples, etc colors of coraline in it, along with lots of bugs that will help the tank

Yea it is my phosfates and nitrates are around 2 I use the reef master liquid kit encased ur wondering not the strips lol

Yea what it was was that I filled the tank with tap water when I frst set it up 3 yrs ago and I've been using tap water but about 3 months ago I started with ro water and changed my sea salt from instant ocean to red sea coral salt pro.. using tap water was a huge mistake... and I'm still paying for that mistake lol

Exactly... that's how it was with me I ddnt have access to ro water at the time and if I could go bak I would have went to the local food store or fish store and baught gallons of ro water.. maybe not 125 gallons lol but as much as I could get to start up the tank...

Back
Top Bottom