How to keep a BTA from settling down.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rafecci

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a new BTA and he moved down under the rock. I know they will pick where the want to be, but I insist on moving him! He under a rock - no light - cant reach him to feed him. I want to move him but not sure how to get him to let go without hurting him. I would like to move him to the otherside of the tank and let him pick his spot again.

Just because he`s under a rock does not mean he wont get any lighting. They like to shade their foot. The top part will come out and recieve the lighting. I would not try to move him because that foot is pretty stuck to where he is and if you damage it he will not make it.

I understand what your saying - its been two days and he has yet set out to get any light - he is deep under a rock where if he wanted to reach out for any direct light he would not be able to reach any - could it be possible he is angry or uncomfortable in this new set and take a while to adjust? I will not touch him - but keep a close eye. thanks :)

Is there any way you could pick up the rock and move it to where you want it? Or is the rock too big or is he stuck on two of them? No guarantee he`ll stay if you do move the rock.

Personally I would leave the BTA alone or the time being. Since this is a new addition to your tank it will need some time to get used to things. My RBTA was MIA for almost a week and ended up walking back around to the spot I wanted it in in the first place.

I would not suggest moving the rock or trying to remove the anemone from the rock. All you will succeed in doing is making it move again.

Give it at least a week to get happy. If it hasn't come out by then point a power head into the area that the anemone is and that will force it to move.

Well - He came out, not the way I expected.......his base is still where he settled down under a rock but he now stretches WAY out from under the rock ! He is 3 times as big as he was in the store when I bought him!!!!!! He is freaking HUGE like 4 to 5 inches in diameter! and stretches about 4 inches from under the rock!!!!! WOW! I would have NEVER put anything this big in my tank! He was sold as a small, and he matched the other smalls in the tank. Guess he stays! THanks for the support!

Back
Top Bottom