how to set up drip aclimater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
hello once agian my nanos all good to go cycling tuesday granted fedex gets here in time. for when i get fish and corals i want to be able to drip aclimate i have airline tubing but at petsmart i see these air check valves there plastic and have screw tops to adjust air flow are those what i need? also how would i set it up if those are the valve things i need

You can just take the airline tubibg and make a knot in it and tighten the knot less or more to get a good drip out of it. :)

Nice and simple

so i dont even need those valves nice i need to get some suction cups though. is it better to drip acclimate all fish coral etc

In my SW I drip just my fish. I temperature acclimate the corals and then put them in. i've been looking at coral dips lately so I might add that to my process.

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with my 10g when it goes empty, I can use it for a SW qt tank or make a happy fish tank or try to grow pods for a mandarin. LOL I know I should have a qt though...

My lfs gave me a bottle of coral dip for free the brand is Kent

carey said:
In my SW I drip just my fish. I temperature acclimate the corals and then put them in. i've been looking at coral dips lately so I might add that to my process.

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with my 10g when it goes empty, I can use it for a SW qt tank or make a happy fish tank or try to grow pods for a mandarin. LOL I know I should have a qt though...

so many options! so really.only fiish need drip i really thought it was corals who needed it. also whats a dip do exactly

a dip can kill worms and nudibranchs and other bad things that may hitch a ride on a coral.

If you get shrimp you have to drip them too, and for a LONG time, they are very sensitive.

CUC I just temp acclimate and in they go

carey said:
a dip can kill worms and nudibranchs and other bad things that may hitch a ride on a coral.

If you get shrimp you have to drip them too, and for a LONG time, they are very sensitive.

CUC I just temp acclimate and in they go

will deff invest in dip for corals i tested out the drip with the sw works 1-3 drips a second i wasnt paying attention and got a mouth full of sw blech! why are shrimps so senesitive?

I have yet to hear my pistol shrimp. I really like the peppermints too. they kinda sway and dance around. they are a bit shy but they at least come out, the pistol I havent seen since I put him in

ive seen videos of the peppermint really want one but the tanks a foot away from my head so i don't wana be up all night i read some people can hear them 2 rooms over

Yea I think it'd be cool to have a pistol or mantis shrimp in a species only tank. But I certainly wouldn't put either in my current tank lol

I have a pistol shrimp and it hasnt bothered any one yet. In fact i barely know where he is. Thought my goby would like him but they haven't met yet lol

I'm not exactly paying attention to what you guys are saying about the shrimp, but as far as the drip stuff goes... I had tried the knot method. Never worked. I made two knots, 3 knots, even tried partially clamping the tubing. I eventually got it to work, but it is WAY to hard to change it, let alone stop and start. I got the things with the knobs, and hooked up my siphon line to it. Even though the siphon line was large, it fit around if I pushed it on enough. It works wonders for me. If you are still looking into the drip stuff, I'd recommend getting the valve with with the knob. (If I remember correctly, you said something about petsmart/petco. I got mine at petsmart while I was getting some filter stuff)

Back
Top Bottom