how to stop bubbles from a powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blackthunda77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
how can i stop my powerheads from making tiny micro bubbles?? i have 2 402's i belive by hagen and they seem to spit out micro bubbles every couple seconds and it looks kinda bad when you look at the tank up close, makes it look like theres someting in the water or like its dirty, also i heard i can be bad for some corals and some fish mistake it as food. any advice??

Are you using it with the venturi adapter? If so, that is why you are getting those bubbles...

If not, then your PH must be sucking bubbles from somewhere else into its intake. Is there anything around it that is producing bubbles (i.e. sump return, bubble wand, etc...)

Or perhaps there is air stuck inside the impeller assembly. You might want to make sure you flip them upside down while under water (turned off of course) to make sure there is no trapped air anywhere inside the PH.

I have the same PH with the same problem. I flip the PH underwater and it still has the same problem.

The Hagens have the plastic tube that runs the venturi. It's supposed to spit out bubbles if you adjust it that way. There should be a little black "adjuster thingy" at the end of the tube, you can twist that down to turn off the venturi. If that doesn't work just take the air intake tube off.

Back
Top Bottom