How to transition to a brighter light fixture???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TRDfan

Aquarium Advice Freak
Currently I’m using a 36" Odyssea 4 bulb t5 fixture with ATI/Giesemann bulb combo. I Just ordered the current nova extreme pro with the 6 bulbs with the individual reflectors and I was wondering whats the best way to transition my tank to the new lighting system??

Should I be moving the coral down and slowly bringing them back up?? or should I be running only 4 bulbs for the first couple of weeks and then gradually introducing 1 bulb every couple of week??

Also I should expect some algea bloom with the brighter fixture?? At least at first??

place 3-4 layers of household screen over the tank use the nylon type then remove 1 layer a week this will allow the coral time to adjust, if they start to bleach put the layer back on and try it in 10 days time between layers

could you unscrew to bulbs to start then a week later screw one in so 5 are running then a week later screw the 6th in?

You could but then your adding 54-72 watts of light instantly and some coral may bleach

Back
Top Bottom