Hows my stock? :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nu-Nu the eel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys i have a Red Sea Max 250 (66 gallons) with the following fish:
1 small marine betta
1 one spot foxface
1 flame hawk fish
1 chalk bass
1 occy clown
1 black clown
1 10" engineer goby.
I have no inverts (obviously) and i have a pretty respectable anount of corals. Lol

My question to you guys is do you think i am 100% stocked? I dont think i am, i think i can fit 1-2 fish...

The last fish i really want are
1 type of anthias (lyretail or sunburst)
1 type of wrase

What do you guys think? Lol

Hmm I think you ar close to stocking max, at least in my opinion. Maybe a wrasse can go in, but some anthias get kinda large. :-( The betta and foxface you have will get a lot bigger so you need to consider that.

What kind of wrasses were you looking at?

carey said:
Hmm I think you ar close to stocking max, at least in my opinion. Maybe a wrasse can go in, but some anthias get kinda large. :-( The betta and foxface you have will get a lot bigger so you need to consider that.

What kind of wrasses were you looking at?

Ok thanks carey!! Ya the betta and fox get big, and we never see the betta :( hopefully he comes out more! We like the melanarus wrasse... Is that a possability? :)

Thats the wrasse that eats flatworms supposedly. :) I was looking into one myself. I believe they can get to like 5 inches or so, so it might be a tad too big for you. lol

How about fairy or flasher wrasses? Alot smaller and really pretty too.

I really want a small wrasse but i dont like any of them.... :/ im picky lol. The six line creeps me out, the flasher always looks like death in the fish store, the cleaner has a bad track record, possum is too bland :(

I think we have flatworms.....lol

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Hey guys i have a Red Sea Max 250 (66 gallons) with the following fish:
1 small marine betta
1 one spot foxface
1 flame hawk fish
1 chalk bass
1 occy clown
1 black clown
1 10" engineer goby.
I have no inverts (obviously) and i have a pretty respectable anount of corals. Lol

My question to you guys is do you think i am 100% stocked? I dont think i am, i think i can fit 1-2 fish...

The last fish i really want are
1 type of anthias (lyretail or sunburst)
1 type of wrase

What do you guys think? Lol

I think you could fit in 1 chromis and you'll be stocked LOL

Hahaha spoon, ill trade you for a copperband thats on mysis :)

Jake, that chromis would hate my tank. Lol he would be all alone!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Hahaha spoon, ill trade you for a copperband thats on mysis :)

Jake, that chromis would hate my tank. Lol he would be all alone!

Haha that's the point :)

So do you think a melanarus would he ok? The betta is small, the fox is medium sized... We will rehome both when they grow too large

Mine is pretty friendly and eats everything. Took about a week b4 he at flakes though

So you guys agree that i will be 100% stocked with the wrasse? Im kinda thinkin so too

Wow buddy no need to get sassy :) haha and i really really really like anthias, could i get rid of the wrasse and add the anthias? :/

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Wow buddy no need to get sassy :) haha and i really really really like anthias, could i get rid of the wrasse and add the anthias? :/

I think you should get rid of the Betta. They look funny. Then you would have enough room for a pair of anthias !

Haha dude the betta looks amazing, seriously, look one up on youtube. :) if she doesnt become more active i might trade her for a copperband butterfly and train it to eat mysis :)

Back
Top Bottom