How's this sump design....about to build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeA

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi,

After many articles about sump designs this is what I came up with. It's a bit of "keep it simple"mentality.

What would you change? Is the second set of baffles over kill? Is the refugium big enough?

This sump is for a 55gal long FOWLR setup.

Tia

Looks great man!! I would definatly go with the second set of baffles...to keep plants from getting in your Mag 7, and the more baffles the less microbubbles!! Nobody like microbubbles!

Word

I'm no expert, but I'm wondering why the intake section is so big? you could make the fuge bigger by moving it over... also not sure if the 2nd set of baffles are needed.. or the first set, really...

I would say both sets are needed to keep the sand in the sump. other wise what would keep it there? With the baffel it makes it harder for the sand to get sucked thru the pump. Lookes great to me but you could make the intake side a lil'' smaller to increase the fuge.

ok im in the process of building now...the intake side is now 7" and i kept both sets of baffles

Back
Top Bottom