huh??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i wish i had had a goal like that when i was your age... id have probably stayed in school... keep up the good work dude, stick with it. dont let anybody change your mind, thats the important thing... no matter what you do in life, having a job that you enjoy is very important... i look forward to visiting your business one day, if i ever get to texas lol... keep it up, go for it, sounds like youre on the road to success

sounds like that person doesnt know how to run a tank and battle/prevent algae problems, etc. or doesnt sound like she cares to learn either. a SW tank isnt even hard work as long as u keep up with basic water changes and stuff. i have timers for lights, food, etc. i spend more time sitting and watching than my 15 minute weekly or biweekly water change.

wow dude, more power to you... seriously, most 16yr olds have other things they would find more important than having the responsibility of keeping up an aquarium, especially saltwater... and to be doing the research you are, and with the knowledge you have, youre going to be one heck of an aquarist one day, if not already :) keep it up, eventually they will back off :)

Actually i find that young people make better aquariust in the long run because in the end they have more exp. and they have much more energy then other older aquariust. No offense to all the older ones. I myself am 17 yrs old. *Aquired moment*:-|

That could be the funniest thing I've read it a long time. Even got all your spelling and grammar right! Congrats. I can't wait for you to enter the workforce and apply your logic. I just wish we were best buds so I could follow along.

I vote for a STICKY on this one.

Etunes, you're my POSTER OF THE WEAK !

Now somebody get me my Metamucil.

I'm 100% sure this will get deleted but I just couldn't resist..

OMG

BTW my friend, here's a paradox to stimulate the mind... 'in the long' must make you an older aquariust thus the younger brood would be writing the same thing about you, even though at this moment in the time line you profess that in the future you will be better. No?

Time travel perhaps? A Star Gate? Worm Hole ? Black Hole? .....

LMAO. Gotta agree with Ahab here. We may be old and apparently lack energy, but we do our research and don't buy bichirs for 20G tanks. ;P

Now, where's my walker so that I can hobble over to do a water change?

I'm too old for even that nonsense anymore. Now I just keep all my tanks in reach of the garden hose, so a water change is just one drain, one fill, even for an 80% change on the 75 gallon. In fact my outside faucet is a little leaky, so I just have to put the end of the hose in the tank, turn on the water long enough to fill the hose (about 3 seconds) and shut it off again to drain, then turn it back on to fill. I do a lot more water changes now than I used to.

I'm too old for even that nonsense anymore. Now I just keep all my tanks in reach of the garden hose, so a water change is just one drain, one fill, even for an 80% change on the 75 gallon. In fact my outside faucet is a little leaky, so I just have to put the end of the hose in the tank, turn on the water long enough to fill the hose (about 3 seconds) and shut it off again to drain, then turn it back on to fill. I do a lot more water changes now than I used to.

wow thats smart!

The only downside is that it still freaks me out putting chlorinated water directly in the tank. Prime is good stuff though, and I haven't had any problems even with newborn molly fry, day old crayfish and a sensitive catfish.

HAHA I guess I better enjoy being able to lift buckets and clean tanks while I'm young.

I'm pretty sure when I build a fish room, it will have an automatic weekly water changer... I wonder if there's a market for something like that... *ideas*

i guess all you would have to do is have a timer, some sort of gauge to see how much water has been emptied/filled, and something to mix the dechlorinator in... aside from that i guess maybe a tee to go under the sink for the inlet and outlet... i might try and figure something out lol

Well I already had an idea on how to do it, like I drew up schematics and everything.. (I'm weird, I draw technical stuff in my free time)

I had it set up so it would automatically mix salt water to a specific temp. and SG. All you would have to do is set up the time/date(s) you want the water change to occur and it would automatically take out, say 30 gallons, of water and replace it with fresh SW.

Hmm.. The only thing is it would have to be located near a water supply/drain box in the wall..

The system would have to be for a new installation probably.

(edit: this could also be used in FW too!)

LMAO. Gotta agree with Ahab here. We may be old and apparently lack energy, but we do our research and don't buy bichirs for 20G tanks. ;P

Thats just low.:rolleyes: Actually when i did the thing with the bichir i wasn't quite fully aware of the responsibilities of a fish care tacker. So i wasent really all that experienced with a bichir at the time exept i only knew they grew pretty big. So yes it was irresponsible but i am making up for it.:bowl:

partypalooza, if you invent something that automatically does a partial water change each week, let me know, ill buy one!!!

I am actually drawing up plans for this now so i will post when i have it down.

Ok, you all got me with the whole youth thing, i was only messing with you guys anyways, you guys mad e me laugh though :ROFLMAO:. But i will give you this, Young/more energy=stupid decisions/less experience, Older/less energy=smart decisions/more experience. So i dont know about you guys but i think i would take the less energy but much more knowedge and more experience.

if i ever get around to building a house, im going to have a nice big room for my fish tanks, and of course, have a nice big sink for water changes... i guess those pythons are nice, somebody had recommended one on here, i just really hate to spend so much money on tubing and a hookup, when i can probably build my own cheap... if i ever get around to it, ill have to take step by step pictures for you all...

Well I already had an idea on how to do it, like I drew up schematics and everything.. (I'm weird, I draw technical stuff in my free time)

I had it set up so it would automatically mix salt water to a specific temp. and SG. All you would have to do is set up the time/date(s) you want the water change to occur and it would automatically take out, say 30 gallons, of water and replace it with fresh SW.

Hmm.. The only thing is it would have to be located near a water supply/drain box in the wall..

The system would have to be for a new installation probably.

(edit: this could also be used in FW too!)

I have been doing the same thing. I came up with premixing the water first and using a RO/DI units water. You could use a water line if 1 is near but you also could just use a hose hook up if one is near outside.

well im not going to get in to that battle... personally, i fee like "old" people can make the same mistakes as "young" people, its all about experience. everybody makes mistakes when they start out, i sure have...

Back
Top Bottom